|Unsifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Regular margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Butter/Regular margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Pound|
1. Lightly grease two 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pans.
2. Preheat oven to 325F.
3. Sift flour with salt, baking powder, soda, and spices; set aside.
4. In large bowl of electric mixer, at medium speed, beat sugar with butter just until blended.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; continue beating until very light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin. At low speed, beat in flour mixture until combined.
6. Turn batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly.
7. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Let cool in pans 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
9. Makes 2 loaves. Slice and serve.