Baked Alaska Cream Loaf
|Frozen pound cake loaf||10 Ounce, slightly thawed (1 Piece)|
|Ice milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (Use Any Flavor)|
|Egg whites||2 (At Room Temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1) Line a baking sheet with 15 x 10-inch sheet of foil. Place aside.
2) With a sharp knife, cut cake horizontally into 3 equal layers.
3) Place the bottom layer on foil, by keeping the cut-side up.
4) Spread 1/2 cup ice milk over cake.
5) Place the second cake layer on top and spread with remaining 1/2 cup ice milk.
6) Top with the remaining cake layer over ice milk.
7) Wrap the loaf with the foil.
8) Place the baking sheet inside the freezer for about 4 hours, until the ice milk turns solid. This can be stored frozen for up to a week.
9) Preheat oven to 450Â° F, just before serving.
10) In medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites with the help of an electric mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form.
11) Slowly add sugar and continue beating to form stiff peaks.
12) Bring out the loaf from freezer and discard the wrapping.
13) Place loaf on chilled baking sheet and spread meringue over top and sides of loaf.
14) Place inside oven to bake for 5-10 minutes, until meringue turns light brown.
15) Serve at once, by adding your choice of topping, if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1280 Calories from Fat 434
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.1%
Saturated Fat 24.2 g121.1%
Trans Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 139.3 mg46.4%
Sodium 1053.3 mg43.9%
Total Carbohydrates 199 g66.3%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 135.6 g
Protein 27 g53.9%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 52.6% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet