Fruited Tea Loaf
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon rind||1 , grated|
|Mixed candied fruit||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Optional)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Philadelphia cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 300-325°F.
2) In large mixing bowl, combine the margarine, cheese and sugar till creamy and fluffy.
3) Add eggs, one at a time and beat after each addition.
4) Gradually sift in the flour sifted with baking powder, fruit and nuts.
5) Bake in a greased pans
6) Bake in the oven at 300-325°F for about a hour and 10 minutes, or until well baked.
7) Serve hot and crispy as a side dish.