Fruit And Nut Loaf
|Bread flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Plus Extra For Dusting)|
|Margarine||1 Tablespoon (Plus Extra For Greasing)|
|Soft light brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried apricots||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped (Without Soaking)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hazelnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Active dry yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||6 Tablespoon|
|Plain low fat yogurt||6 Tablespoon|
|Apricot jelly||2 Tablespoon, strained|
1) Prewheat oven to 425Â°F/220Â°C.
2) Grease the baking sheet.
3) In a large bowl, sift the flour and add sugar.
4) Rub the margarine in the flour mixture and add nuts, raisins and yeast.
5) In a pan, warm the orange juice, but do not boil and stir in the flour mixture with yogurt.
6) Mix the flour and make a dough.
7) On a lightly floured counter, knead the dough for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
8) Shape the dough in a circle and place on baking sheet.
9) Cover the dough with clean dish towel and let it stand to double in warm place.
10) Bake the loaf in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until cooked.
11) Brush apricot jelly over the loaf kep on wire rack.
12) Let the cake cool.
13) Serve the fruit and nut loaf as a snack.