Cottage Wheat Loaf
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (At 105 To 115 F)|
|Small curd cottage cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs), measured scoop and level|
|Rye flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), measured scoop and level|
|Non instant non fat milk powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water.
2) Place aside to stand in warm place for 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in oil, honey and cottage cheese.
4) In the food processor, use METAL BLADE setting.
5) In the work bowl, wheat and rye flours, bran, milk powder and salt.
6) Pour in yeast mixture through the feed tube while the machine is running.
7) Also pour in additional water in a steady stream to form stiff dough. You may not require all the water.
8) Process the dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
9) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
10) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
11) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
12) Cover the bowl with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
13) Punch down dough and knead for 30 seconds to press out the bubbles.
14) Prepare a ball, let rest, covered, 5 minutes.
15) Use greased 7 7/8 x 3 7/8-inch loaf pan to place the loaf made from the dough ball.
16) Cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, about 1 hour.
17) Preheat oven to 375Â°.
18) Place inside oven on middle rack to bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bottom crust of loaf has a hard hollow sound when tapped.
19) Immediately transfer on a metal rack to cool.
20) Slice the bread and serve with your choice of dip or spread.