Banana Tea Loaf
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ripe bananas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Heat oven to moderate (350° F.).
2. Grease an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan.
3. On a wax paper sift together combining flour, baking powder and salt.
4. In a bowl beat shortening until creamy.
5. Add sugar gradually, continue beating until light and fluffy and then beat well adding eggs.
6. Add flour mixture alternately with bananas, a small amount at a time, mixing after each addition only enough to moisten the dry ingredients.
7. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
8. Serve with beverages, as snacks or as desired.
• To make banana Raisin Loaf add 1 cup seedless raisins to egg mixture.
• To make Banana Nut Loaf add 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts to egg mixture.
• To make Apricot or Prune Banana Loaf add 1 cup finely cut soaked and drained dried prunes or apricots to egg mixture.