Baked Cauliflower Loaf
|Cauliflower||2 Pound (1Medium Sized, 900 Gram)|
|Wine vinegar/Cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Pint (140 Milliliter)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Red pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Tomato puree||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Water||3⁄4 Pint (As Required, 300 - 450 Milliliter)|
|Wholemeal breadcrumbs||6 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
1. Prepare the cauliflower
2. Wash the cauliflower and remove the stem and leaves
3. Separate the florets from the head
4. Discard the wilted leaves
5. Dice and core and shred the leaves of the cauliflower
6. Soak all the vegetables in water with vinegar added to it.
7. Drain and set aside
8. Coat a baking dish with oil and set aside till needed
9. In a large sauté pan, heat oil
10. Add the onion and stir-fry the onion for 5 minutes.
11. Tip in the peppers and the stem, leaves and florets of the cauliflower.
12. Cook for 5 more minutes,
13. Then add the spices and the garlic after 1 minute.
14. When the spices are cooked, tip in the tomato puree
15. Cover the vegetables until they are immersed in water.
16. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
17. Check the pan. The pan juices should have reduced by half. Then add in the breadcrumbs and mix well
18. Tip this into a blender bowl and mince all the ingredients to a puree
19. Blend in the eggs and mix again
20. Season well with salt
21. Tip this vegetable mixture into the oiled or buttered baking tin and cook at 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6) for 35 minutes.
22. Serve hot or cold with sour cream, yoghurt and crudités
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2498 Calories from Fat 1685
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 191 g293.2%
Saturated Fat 51.3 g256.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 967.8 mg322.6%
Sodium 1409.9 mg58.7%
Total Carbohydrates 155 g51.8%
Dietary Fiber 39.5 g158.2%
Sugars 44.2 g
Protein 63 g126.1%
Vitamin A 162.5% Vitamin C 1204.9%
Calcium 40.7% Iron 61.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet