Beef n Apricot Pinwheel Loaf
|Chopped dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground veal||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (For the Meat)|
|Ready mix bread stuffing||4 Ounce (2 Cups, Half Of An 8-Ounce Package)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (For Stuffing)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) In a medium-size saucepan, boil apricots in water for 1 minute and then take them off from heat.
3) In a large bowl, mix together beef, veal, parsley, egg, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
4) On a sheet of wax paper or foil, figure the mixture into a 10x8 inch rectangle.
5) Mix bread stuffing, celery, butter or margarine, salt, and pepper with apricots.
6) Layer the apricots mixture uniformly over meat and roll up in a jelly-roll style and seal the ends by crimping together.
7) In a greased shallow baking pan, arrange the roll and top with bacon slices.
8) Bake for 1 hour in preheated oven until richly browned and desired doneness is reached.
9) Serve hot.
Calories 800 Calories from Fat 559
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g96%
Saturated Fat 24.8 g123.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 244.7 mg81.6%
Sodium 1000.7 mg41.7%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.2%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 44 g87.4%
Vitamin A 35.2% Vitamin C 17.5%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet