This Orange Loaf is so sweet and citrus-y it barely lasted the afternoon at our house. The Orlf_0002 texture is that of a dense and moist pound cake and the flavour of the fresh orange juice and zest really shines through. Like all other quick breads, it's super easy to stir up and bakes fresh and fragrant in about an hour. You can't beat that for a homemade treat as tasty as this loaf!
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Large, grated
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Optional)
For the glaze
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
3. In an electric mixing bowl, cream the butter until smooth. Stir in the sugar and mix until combined.
4. Stir in the eggs one at a time and beat them until well incorporated.
5. Pour in the orange juice, orange rind and beat until well incorporated.
6. In another bowl, add and combine the flour with baking powder and salt. Mix well.
7. Add the flour into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
8. Take the greased loaf pan and pour the batter evenly into the pan and smooth out the top. Bake this in the preheated oven for 60 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
9. Once done, remove the loaf and set it aside to cool.
10. For the glaze: In a sauce pan on medium, heat the orange juice with sugar. Stir continuously for about 2 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
11. Pour the glaze over the loaf and get ready to serve.
12. Serve this loaf sliced in desired pieces with tea or coffee.