Orange Teatime Loaf
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Large, grated|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Optional)|
|For the glaze|
|Orange juice||1 Large|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
3. In an electric mixing bowl, cream the butter until smooth. Stir in the sugar and mix until combined.
4. Stir in the eggs one at a time and beat them until well incorporated.
5. Pour in the orange juice, orange rind and beat until well incorporated.
6. In another bowl, add and combine the flour with baking powder and salt. Mix well.
7. Add the flour into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
8. Take the greased loaf pan and pour the batter evenly into the pan and smooth out the top. Bake this in the preheated oven for 60 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
9. Once done, remove the loaf and set it aside to cool.
10. For the glaze: In a sauce pan on medium, heat the orange juice with sugar. Stir continuously for about 2 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
11. Pour the glaze over the loaf and get ready to serve.
12. Serve this loaf sliced in desired pieces with tea or coffee.
Calories 409 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.3%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.1 mg27.7%
Sodium 239.9 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 33.8 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 27.7%
Calcium 12% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet