Cheese And Macaroni Loaf
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
|Whole eggs||3 , separated|
1. Generously butter a 9-inch X 5-inch X 3-inch loaf tin
2. Before baking, preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. Place a roasting pan filled with 3 inches of water on middle level of the oven while it is heating.
4. Boil macaroni in boiling, salted water until tender-firm.
5. When macaroni is cooked, drain thoroughly in a colander.
6. In the meantime, in a heavy bottomed saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over a low flame.
7. Add flour and seasonings and stir until well blended.
8. Gradually add milk, stirring vigorously until mixture is smooth.
9. Cook the sauce, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly.
10. Add cheese. Stir until it has melted and blended into the sauce.
11. Take the pan off the heat and add beaten egg yolks, stirring vigorously until thoroughly blended into the sauce.
12. Add macaroni to the sauce and gently fold in until well coated.
13. Taste and adjust seasoning. Let the mixture cool.
14. In the mean time, add egg whites to a clean dry bowl.
15. Use a wire whisk to beat them until they are stiff and stand in soft peaks.
16. Gently fold into macaroni sauce mixture.
17. Turn mixture into buttered loaf tin and place in a hot water bath in the preheated oven.
18. Bake for 50 minutes or until the loaf is firm.
19. Let cool slightly.
20. Turn out on serving platter and serve hot.
Calories 942 Calories from Fat 408
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71.3%
Saturated Fat 27 g134.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 284.3 mg94.8%
Sodium 1254.4 mg52.3%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 52 g103.9%
Vitamin A 31.4% Vitamin C 0.92%
Calcium 108.3% Iron 27.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet