Pineapple And Cherry Loaf
|Candied cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Candied pineapple||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind grated|
|Butter/Margarine||12 Tablespoon (1 1/2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Self rising flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Take a loaf pan 4 1/2 inches by 9 inches (top measurement) and butter it throuoghly
2. Line th buttered pan with buttered waxed paper.
3. Wash and drv the cherries, cut them in half, and set 10 aside.
4. Chop the pineapple and mix with the cherries, ground almonds, and lemon rind.
5. In a small bowl, beat the egs lightly.
6. Pre-heat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
7. In a large bowl, beat the butter until soft..
8. Add the sugar and cream the mixture until light and fluffy.
9. Add the beaten eggs to the mixture, a little at a time.
10. Sift and fold the two kinds of flour and salt, a third at a time, into the creamed mixture.
11. Fold in the fruit.
12. Take the prepared loaf pan, and spoon the mixture in.
13. Level the surface, and arrange the reserved cherries on top.
14. Take aluminum foil and cover the pan loosely with it, taking care that it does not touch the cake mixture.
15. Bake in the center of the preheated oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit for about 1 1/2 hours or until well risen and firm to the touch.
16. Cool the loaf on a wire rack and remove the lining paper.
17. You can serve it for breakfast or with tea