Gourmet Veal Loaf
|Ground veal shoulder||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Grated raw carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Canned chopped mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Container Or 1 Cup)|
1) Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2) In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients with a fork.
3) Into 9x5x3 inch loaf pan, pack the mixture and then unmold onto a shallow pan, removing the loaf pan carefully.
4) Score lightly on loaf top and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in preheated oven until crusty-brown.
5) Transfer loaf to a plank or ovenproof platter and if desired, surround the edge with mashed potatoes and tomato halves brushed with a parsley-butter sauce.
6) Broil the loaf for 10 minutes until potatoes are light brown in color.
7) Serve hot.