Old Fashioned Sage Loaf
|Meat loaf mix||2 Pound (Ground Beef And Pork)|
|Quick cooking rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, grated|
|Canned applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Leaf sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Bottled steak sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) Blend meat-loaf mixture lightly with eggs, rolled oats, onion, applesauce, salt, pepper, and sage.
3) Take a loaf pan, 9x5x3 and pack the mixture tightly into it.
4) Into a shallow baking pan, transfer the mixture and mark in crisscross pattern on top.
5) Apply steak sauce all over and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes until brown.
6) Serve hot.