Turkey Loaf Supreme
|Diced cooked turkey/Chicken||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Turkey broth/Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground sage||1 Teaspoon (More, If Desired)|
1. Grease a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan or a casserole dish with butter or oil.
2. Preheat the oven to 325° F
3. In a large mixing bowl, blend together eggs, milk, broth, sage and seasonings.
4. Add bread crumbs and soak for a while.
5. Stir in turkey or chicken, rice and onion and mix thoroughly
6. Turn and pack mixture into greased loaf pan.
7. Sprinkle cracker crumbs on top if using.
8. Bake on middle level of preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hour until heated though and golden brown on top. A skewer inserted in the center of the loaf should come out clean and dry
9. Remove loaf from the oven and let it stand in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes
10. Slice thickly and serve warm with mustard sauce or gravy accompanied with mashed potatoes if desired.