Vegetable And Nut Loaf
|Onions||2 Large, quartered|
|Celery stick||3 , cut into pieces|
|Carrots||1 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Mixed nuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), unsalted (Such As Peanuts Or Cashews)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Fine whole wheat bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh white bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a loaf tin or baking pan with oil.
3. In a food processor, combine onions, celery, carrots, and rosemary, and grind into a fine mince. Turn out into a bowl, scraping the sides of the bowl.
4. Grind the nuts or finely chop. Empty into a bowl and keep aside.
5. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over moderate heat.
6. Add the minced vegetable mixture and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly soft.
7. Add nuts and parsley to the vegetables and mix well.
8. Take pan off the heat and tip the mixture into a large mixing bowl. Allow the mixture to cool.
9. Add the bread crumbs, seasonings, ketchup and eggs to the vegetable nut mixture and mix well using a wooden spoon or your hand to blend all the ingredients.
10. Turn the mixture into the prepared pan, pressing it to pack it tightly.
11. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until set and lightly browned. A skewer when inserted in the center should come out clean and dry.
12. Cut into squares or slices and serve along stews or with roasts and gravy.
Calories 374 Calories from Fat 208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.6%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg11.7%
Sodium 328.1 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.6%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 13 g26.5%
Vitamin A 263.8% Vitamin C 32.6%
Calcium 13% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet