Apricot-Date and Nut Loaf
|Pitted dates||7 Ounce|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Chop the apricots, dates, and raisins.
2) Mix and keep aside.
3) Greased a 5 x 10-inch loaf pan.
4) Add soda to 1 cup boiling water.
5) Add over the fruit mix.
6) Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
7) In a bowl, beat egg and slowly add in the sugar.
8) Alternating, add the flour and fruit mix and then stir in the vanilla and walnuts.
9) Spoon the batter into the loaf pan.
10) Place in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.\
11) Slice thinly and serve.