Date Nut Loaf
|Brown sugar||500 Milliliter|
|Pastry flour||750 Milliliter|
|Baking powder||15 Milliliter|
|Ground cinnamon||5 Milliliter|
|Ground cloves||3 Milliliter|
|Ground nutmeg||3 Milliliter|
|Pitted chopped dates||500 Milliliter|
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
2. Take a bowl and add butter into it and cream it well with brown sugar. Add eggs and whip it nicely.
3. Take another bowl and sift the salt, baking powder and pastry flour into it.
4. Blend the dry mixture with cream mixture in thirds with water.
5. Add dates, nuts and raisins.
6. Take a 5 1/2" x 10" (13.75 x 25 cm) loaf pan, line it with waxed paper and spread the mixture over it.
7. Bake it for 2 hours at 300°F (150°C) until the cake tester inserted comes out clean.
8. Cool the cake for about 15 minutes and transfer it to the cooling rack, cool the cake before serving.
9. Serve it as required.
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.5%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.6 mg11.5%
Sodium 48.7 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 29.1 g
Protein 5 g9.1%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 0.73%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet