|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened (1 1/2 Sticks)|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Pound (1 Can)|
1. Lightly grease three foil loaf pans, 7 by 3 1/2 by 2 inches. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sift flour with salt, baking powder, soda and spices; set aside.
3. In large bowl of electric mixer, at medium speed, beat sugar with butter just until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; continue beating until very light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin. At low speed, beat in flour mixture until combined.
4. Turn batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly. Place on cookie sheet. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Let cool in pans 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
6. To store: Wrap each loaf in foil, plastic wrap or moisture-vapor-proof freezer paper; seal and label. Freeze.
7. Remove number of loaves desired from freezer. Let thaw, still in wrapping, at room temeperature several hours, or until loaves reach room temperature. If desired, decorate, with confectioners' sugar.