|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Soft butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Toasted almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), ground|
1) Grease and lightly flour a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
2) Heat the oven at 350 degrees.
3) In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together and repeat.
4) In a bowl, add butter and sugar and beat well till fluffy.
5) Add the aniseed and almond extract and mix well.
6) Slowly add in the eggs, beating well after each addition.
7) Add in the sifted dry ingredients and mix well.
8) Gently fold in the almonds.
9) Transfer the batter into the loaf pan.
10) Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
11) Serve during meal time along with dishes such as casserole.