Millet and Cumin Loaf
|Millet||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Fresh yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Strong flour||8 Ounce (Plus Extra For Dusting, 250 Gram)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Whole meal bread flour||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Sea salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated (125 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (For Oiling)|
1) Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 450°F / Gas Mark 8.
2) In a pan with the boiling water, soak the millet for 20 minutes, drain and reserve the water.
3) In a small bowl, blend the yeast, 4 tablespoons plain flour, sugar and warm water together and keep in a warm place for 10 minutes until the mixture is frothy.
4) In a large bowl, mix rest of the plain flour, wholemeal flour, soaked millet, cumin seeds, cheese and salt together.
5) Pour the frothed yeast, reserved millet liquid and warm water, work to form a stiff dough.
6) On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 8-10 minutes until elastic and smooth.
7) In an greased bowl, place the dough turn to coat , cover and keep in a warm place for an hour, or until it doubles in bulk.
8) Press and gently knead the dough, form an oval and press into a greased 1 kg / 2 lb loaf tin.
9) Apply oil and bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until golden.
10) Slice and serve in a nice plate.