Pineapple Apricot Nut Loaf
|All purpose flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), melted|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||8 Ounce, undrained (1 Can, In Juice)|
|Dried apricots||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped candied green cherries/Citron||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease three foil loaf pans, 7 by 3 1/2 by 2 inches. Sift flour with baking powder, soda and salt; set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine sugar, melted butter and egg; using wooden spoon, beat until ingredients are well blended.
3. Add milk, undrained pineapple, apricots, raisins and cherries; blend well.
4. Add flour mixture; beat just until combined. Stir in nuts. Turn into prepared pans. Place on cookie sheet.
5. Bake 45 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Let cool in the pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans; let cool completely on wire rack.
7. To store: Wrap each loaf in foil, plastic wrap or moisture-vapor-proof freezer paper; seal and label. Freeze.
8. Remove number of loaves desired from freezer. Let thaw, still in wrapping, at room temperature several hours, or until loaves reach room temperature. If desired, decorate, with candied pineapple and diced apricots.