Malted Walnut Seed Loaf
|Whole meal bread flour||2 Ounce, mixed (500 Gram)|
|Warm water||12 Fluid Ounce (350 Milliliter)|
|Mixed seeds||4 Ounce, mixed (100 Grams We Used A Mix Of Linseeds, Hemp Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds And Sesame Seeds)|
|Sunflower oil||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400F/ 200C, 20 minutes before baking time.
2. Lightly grease a baking tray with oil.
3. In a large basin, combine the flour and salt and crumble in the yeast. Mix well.
4. Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in 3/4th of the water.
5. Using your fingers or a wooden spoon, mix to bind the ingredients to a slightly wet dough, adding a little water if it is firm.
6. Turn the dough out onto a flour dusted work surface and add the 3/4th of the seeds and the walnuts as you knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic. This can also be done in a tabletop mixer with a dough hook.
7. Return the dough to a clean oiled bowl, cover with cling film and stand in a warm place to rise for 1 hour until doubled in size.
8. When fermented, turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knock back to expel the air by lightly punching with your fist.
9. Shape the dough into large round and place on the greased baking sheet.
10. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and leave to prove for 30 to 40 minutes.
11. Sprinkle the remaining seeds on the top of the loaf.
12. Place the loaf tin in the preheated oven and bake the bread for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 375F/190C and continue to bake for 30 minutes until crust is golden brown
13. The loaf should sound hollow when tapped on the base.
14. Leave the bread on a wire rack to cool completely.
15. The loaf will stay fresh in an airtight container for 3 days or wrap in a zip log bag and freeze for 1 month if you like.
16. This bread is wonderful for breakfast or tea. You can also slice the bread and make a wholegrain bread sandwich.
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.2%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 494.8 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 9 g18.4%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.42%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet