Jellied Veal Loaf
|Veal shank pieces/Veal knuckle pieces||4|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a large kettle,
2. Boil water.
3. Grease a 9X5X3 loaf pan with oil or line with plastic wrap.
4. Place the veal shank or knuckle in boil water and add the all the other ingredients.
5. Cover the kettle and simmer the meat for 2 ½ hours until it is fork tender.
6. Allow the meat and broth to cool.
7. Shred meat off the bone.
8. Process the meat in a food blender or chopper, using the coarse chopping blades. Remove in a bowl and keep aside.
9. Strain the broth through a fine sieve or though a muslin cloth to get a clear stock. Skim off fat if any.
10. Measure 1 liter of the stock. If more, heat to reduce. If less, add water.
11. Check seasoning.
12. Add the ground meat to the stock.
13. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Cover the tin with clean wrap.
14. Refrigerate the loaf overnight until the set.
15. To unmold, dip the loaf tin in a bath or hot water for a few seconds.
16. Slice the loaf into 1 ½ inch slices and serve cold with a salad.
Calories 414 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255 mg85%
Sodium 1752.1 mg73%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 66 g131.7%
Vitamin A 51.3% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet