Sheila Dillon's Grant Loaf
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat flour||9 Ounce (700 Gram)|
|Oatmeal/Stone ground white flour, oat flakes, spelt flour / polenta||8 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Pint (850 Milliliter)|
1) Use 2 large loaf tins to grease with oil.
2) In a large bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, salt and yeast. Make a well at the center and pour in water and 2 tablespoons oil.
3) Combine the mixture thoroughly with a spoon to a thick porridge like consistency.
4) Pour this into the loaf tins. Cover with a damp cloth and keep in a warm place for around 30 minutes until it rises to double.
5) Set your oven to preheat at 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
6) Place the tins inside the oven and bake the bread for 40 minutes until the breads turn golden and risen.
7) Allow the breads to cool at room temperature.
8) Slice the bread and serve with favorite jam or spread.