Banana Orange Loaf
|Wholemeal plain flour||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Plain flour||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mixed spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Flaked hazelnuts||3 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Ripe bananas||2 Large|
|Sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange||1 Small, juiced|
|Finely grated orange rind||1 Small|
|Orange slices||4 , halved|
|Icing sugar||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C/Gas 4. Brush a 1 1/2 pint (750 ml) loaf tin with sunflower oil and line the base with non-stick baking paper.
2. Sift the flours with the baking powder and spice into a large bowl, adding any bran that is caught in the sieve. Stir the hazelnuts into the dry ingredients.
3. Peel and mash the bananas. Beat in the egg, oil, honey and the orange rind and juice. Stir evenly into the dry ingredients.
4. Spoon into the prepared tin and smooth the top. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until firm and golden brown. Turn out and cool on a wire rack to cool.
5. Sprinkle the orange slices with the icing sugar and grill until golden. Use to decorate the cake.