Sweet Sesame Loaf
|Sesame seeds||3 Ounce (85 Gram)|
|Plain flour||10 Ounce (285 Gram)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce (At Room Temperature, 55 Gram)|
|Sugar||4 1⁄2 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 (At Room Temperature)|
|Grated lemon rind||1|
|Milk||12 Fluid Ounce (350 Milliliter)|
1. Preheat a 350°F/180°C/Gas 4 oven. Line a 9 X 5 in (23 X 13 cm) loaf tin with greaseproof paper and grease.
2. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the sesame seeds. Spread the rest on a baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes.
3. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
4. Stir in the toasted sesame seeds and set aside.
5. With an electric mixer, cream the butter or margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, then stir in the lemon rind and milk.
6. Pour the milk mixture over the dry ingredients and fold in with a large metal spoon until just blended.
7. Pour into the tin and sprinkle over the reserved sesame seeds.
8. Bake until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.