Date Nut Loaf Bread
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 9 1/2 - by 5 1/2 - by 3-inch loaf pan.
3. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
4. In another bowl combine egg, milk, corn syrup and corn oil.
5. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and mix just enough to blend. Do not over-mix.
6. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
7. Cool bread about 10 minutes in the pan and and then turn out on rack to cool.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2683 Calories from Fat 727
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g123.2%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 222.8 mg74.3%
Sodium 2635.9 mg109.8%
Total Carbohydrates 461 g153.7%
Dietary Fiber 19 g76%
Sugars 161.5 g
Protein 53 g106.5%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 0.59%
Calcium 145.6% Iron 84.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet