Date Nut Loaf Bread
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 9 1/2 - by 5 1/2 - by 3-inch loaf pan.
3. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
4. In another bowl combine egg, milk, corn syrup and corn oil.
5. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and mix just enough to blend. Do not over-mix.
6. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
7. Cool bread about 10 minutes in the pan and and then turn out on rack to cool.