Party Surprise Loaf
|Flour||5 1⁄2 Cup (88 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Low sodium corn oil margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (120-130Â°F)|
|Egg substitute||4 Tablespoon (Equivalent To 2 Eggs)|
|Dry oatmeal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dried apricot halves||12|
|Unsalted walnut halves||16|
|Low sodium corn oil margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Add margarine and water, and mix well with electric mixer.
3. Add egg substitute and 1 cup flour, beating about 1 minute at high speed.
4. Stir in oatmeal and enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough.
5. Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead 8-10 minutes. Cover with a towel and let rest 20 minutes.
6. Punch dough down and divide into 40 pieces.
7. Shape each piece around 1 apricot, prune, or walnut, and seal.
8. Dip each roll in melted margarine and then roll in brown sugar. Arrange rolls in two layers in an oiled 10-inch tube pan.
9. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, about 45 minutes.
10. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven 45-50 minutes.