Glazed Meat Loaf Ring
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat bread slice||4 , cut into cubes|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ground chuck||19 Ounce (1 Pound And 3 Ounce)|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Crushed thyme||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chili sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In large bowl combine milk and egg; add bread cubes and toss to coat. Set aside.
2. In 8-inch nonstick skillet heat oil; add vegetables and garlic and saute, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender. Add sau-teed vegetables to bread mixture, then add meat, salt, pepper, and herbs and combine thoroughly.
3. In small bowl combine chili sauce, sugar, and mustard, mixing well; set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray roasting rack with nonstick cooking spray; set meat mixture on rack and shape into a ring. Place rack in roasting pan and bake until loaf is browned, 35 to 40 minutes.
5. Brush chili sauce mixture over entire surface of meat and bake for 15 minutes longer.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1971 Calories from Fat 1090
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 120 g184.9%
Saturated Fat 46 g230%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 591.5 mg197.2%
Sodium 2379 mg99.1%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.2%
Sugars 31.3 g
Protein 117 g234.6%
Vitamin A 314.1% Vitamin C 187.9%
Calcium 28.8% Iron 61.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet