Glazed Meat Loaf Ring
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat bread slice||4 , cut into cubes|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ground chuck||19 Ounce (1 Pound And 3 Ounce)|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Crushed thyme||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chili sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In large bowl combine milk and egg; add bread cubes and toss to coat. Set aside.
2. In 8-inch nonstick skillet heat oil; add vegetables and garlic and saute, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender. Add sau-teed vegetables to bread mixture, then add meat, salt, pepper, and herbs and combine thoroughly.
3. In small bowl combine chili sauce, sugar, and mustard, mixing well; set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray roasting rack with nonstick cooking spray; set meat mixture on rack and shape into a ring. Place rack in roasting pan and bake until loaf is browned, 35 to 40 minutes.
5. Brush chili sauce mixture over entire surface of meat and bake for 15 minutes longer.