Courgette And Walnut Loaf
|Light brown sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram / 1/2 Cup)|
|Sunflower oil||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter / 1/4 Cup)|
|Wholemeal flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram / 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Baking powder||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Soda bicarbonate||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Ground cinnamon||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Ground allspice||2 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Green cardamoms||7 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Courgette||5 Ounce, coarsely grated (150 Gram / 1 Cup)|
|Walnuts||2 Ounce, chopped (50 Gram / 1/4 Cup)|
|Sunflower seeds||2 Ounce (50 Gram / 1/4 Cup)|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Grease the base and sides of a 900 g / 2 lb loaf tin and line with greaseproof paper.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar together and gradually add the oil.
3. Sift the flour into a bowl together with the baking powder, bicarbon ate of soda, cinnamon and allspice.
4. Mix into the egg mixture with the rest of the ingredients, reserving 15 ml / 1 tbsp of the sunflower seeds for the top.
5. Spoon into the loaf tin, level off the top, and sprinkle with the reserved sunflower seeds.
6. Bake for about 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool slightly, then turn out on to a wire cooling rack.