Orange Wheat Loaf
|Wholemeal flour||10 Ounce (2 1/4 Cup Or 275 Gram Plain Wholemeal Flour)|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram, 2 Tablespoon)|
|Soft light brown sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram, 2 Tablespoon)|
|Dried yeast||5 Gram (1/2 Of Easy Blend Dried Yeast Sachet)|
|Orange||1⁄2 , rind grated and juice extracted|
1. Sift the flour into a large bowl and return any wheat flakes from the sieve. Add the salt and rub in the butter lightly with your fingertips.
2. Stir in the sugar, yeast and orange rind. Pour the orange juice into a measuring jug and make up to 200 ml / 7 fl oz / 7/8 cup with hot water (the liquid should not be more than hand hot).
3. Stir the liquid into the flour and mix to a soft ball of dough. Knead gently on a lightly floured surface until quite smooth.
4. Place the dough in a greased 450 g / 1 lb loaf tin and-leave in a warm place until nearly doubled in size. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7.
5. Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes, of until it sounds hollow when you tap the underneath. Tip out of the tin and cool on a wire rack.
Calories 330 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.2 mg5.1%
Sodium 247.2 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.5%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 14.9%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet