Glazed Pork Buttermilk Loaf
|Finely diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornbread stuffing mix||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Ready-Mix From An 8-Ounce Package)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground pork||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Cooked ham||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple jelly||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grenadine syrup||2 Tablespoon (Use Bottled Syrup)|
1. Saute celery and onion in butter or margarine until soft in a large skillet. Stir in stuffing, mustard and water; heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute; spoon into a large bowl.
2. Add pork, ham, egg and buttermilk; mix lightly until thoroughly blended. Press mixture firmly into a 9x5x3-inch baking pan.
3. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 1 hour; remove from oven, but leave heat on.
4. Pour all juices from pan. Loosen the loaf around the edges with a knife, then invert it into a shallow baking pan.
5. Combine jelly and grenadine syrup in a small saucepan; bring slowly to boiling, then simmer 1 minute. Spoon part over loaf; return to oven.
6. Bake, spooning remaining jelly mixture over loaf, 30 minutes, or until richly glazed.
7. Place loaf on a heated serving platter. Garnish with apple slices and watercress, if you wish. Cut loaf into thick slices.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3478 Calories from Fat 1880
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 212 g326%
Saturated Fat 89.5 g447.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 822.3 mg274.1%
Sodium 1828.4 mg76.2%
Total Carbohydrates 237 g78.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.3 g73.4%
Sugars 80.1 g
Protein 152 g304.7%
Vitamin A 34.2% Vitamin C 33.7%
Calcium 35.3% Iron 84.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet