Hot Ricotta Spinach Loaf
|Refrigerated pizza crust dough||10 Ounce (1 Tube For 12 Inch Crust)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Ricotta cheese||8 Ounce (1 Carton Or 1 Cup)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and minced or pressed|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Marinara sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can Or 1 Cup)|
1. On a 12- by 15-inch baking sheet, unroll pizza crust dough.
2. Squeeze excess moisture from spinach. Mix spinach, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and garlic.
3. Spread mixture evenly over dough.
4. Starting at a long edge of dough, roll to enclose filling. Set the loaf, seam down, on baking sheet. Brush loaf top with olive oil.
5. Bake in a 425° oven until well browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, stir marinara sauce in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan over medium heat until hot; or heat in a microwave-safe bowl in a microwave oven at full power (100%) until hot.
6. Slice loaf diagonally, making 10 equal portions. Offer 1 slice as an appetizer serving, or 2 slices as a main-dish sandwich. Spoon marinara sauce over slices to taste.