Apple Glazed Pork Loaf
|Finely diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped (1/2 Cup)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Corn bread stuffing||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Ready Mix)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground pork||1 1⁄2 Pound (Fresh One)|
|Ground cooked ham||1 Pound|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple jelly||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bottled grenadine syrup||2 Tablespoon|
1. Saute celery and onion in butter or margarine until soft in a large frying pan. Stir in stuffing, mustard, and water; heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute; spoon into a large bowl.
2. Add pork, ham, egg, and buttermilk; mix lightly until well-blended. Press firmly into a baking pan, 9x5x3.
3. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 1 hour; remove from oven, but leave heat on.
4. Pour all juices from pan. Loosen loaf around edges with a knife, then invert into a shallow baking pan.
5. Combine jelly and grenadine syrup in a small saucepan; heat slowly to boiling, then simmer 1 minute. Spoon part over loaf; return to oven.
6. Bake, spooning remaining apple mixture over loaf, 30 minutes, or until richly glazed.
7. Place loaf on a heated serving platter. Garnish with apple slices and watercress, if you wish. Cut loaf into thick slices.