Beef 'N' Apricot Pinwheel Loaf
|Chopped dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground veal||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ready-mix bread stuffing||4 Ounce (Half An 8-Ounce Package Or 2 Cups)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (For Stuffing)|
1. Simmer apricots in water in medium-size saucepan for 1 minute; remove from heat.
2. Combine beef, veal, parsley, egg, sour cream, salt and pepper In large bowl; mix lightly. Pat into a rectangle, 10x8, on sheet of wax paper or foil.
3. Stir bread stuffing, celery, butter or margarine, salt and pepper into apricots in saucepan; spread evenly over meat; roll up jelly-roll fashion; pinch together at ends to seal.
4. Place roll in greased shallow baking pan; lay bacon slices over top.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 1 hour or until richly browned.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3386 Calories from Fat 2179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 243 g374.1%
Saturated Fat 97.1 g485.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 978.7 mg326.2%
Sodium 2518.4 mg104.9%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.8%
Sugars 46.5 g
Protein 184 g368.1%
Vitamin A 133.8% Vitamin C 70.2%
Calcium 22.6% Iron 97.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet