Tuna Spinach Loaf
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, minced|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned tuna||13 Ounce (1 Can)|
|White bread slices||4|
|Sour cream||4 Ounce (1/2 Of 8 Ounce Container)|
|Hot pepper sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In 1-quart bowl, mix salad oil and onion; cover with large plate. Cook at high (100% power) 2 to 3 minutes, until tender.
2. Meanwhile, cut lemon crosswise in half. Thinly slice 1 lemon half; wrap and refrigerate for garnish. Squeeze juice from remaining lemon half. Grease 8 1/2" by 4 1/2" loaf dish.
3. Remove frozen spinach from package and place on plate. Cook, uncovered, at medium low (30% power) 5 to 6 minutes, until thawed, turning spinach over once after 3 minutes. Drain well.
4. Drain tuna. In large bowl, finely flake tuna. With hands, finely tear bread into bowl with tuna. Add onion, lemon juice, spinach, sour cream, eggs, salt, and hot-pepper sauce; mix until well blended. Spoon tuna mixture into prepared loaf dish. Cover tuna mixture in loaf dish with waxed paper; cook at medium high (70% power) 11 to 13 minutes until knife inserted 1 inch from center comes out clean, rotating dish a half turn after 6 minutes. (If ends of loaf begin to overcook, shield with 3-inch-wide strips of foil.) Let loaf stand, still covered, 5 minutes.
5. Invert tuna loaf onto warm platter. Garnish with lemon slices.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1728 Calories from Fat 845
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.7%
Saturated Fat 23.5 g117.4%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 548.3 mg182.8%
Sodium 2695 mg112.3%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.6%
Dietary Fiber 14.2 g57%
Sugars 14.7 g
Protein 139 g277.3%
Vitamin A 560.6% Vitamin C 234.9%
Calcium 58.9% Iron 87.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet