|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Golden raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), candied|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, then gradually beat in the sugar.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Beat in lemon juice and rind.
4. Combine 2 c. flour, baking powder and salt, then gradually add to creamed mixture.
5. Combine fruit and nuts, and toss with 1/4 c. flour.
6. Add to batter.
7. Pour into prepared pan, and bake at 300° for 1% hours. Cool for 20 minutes.
8. Remove from pan, and store 1 day before slicing.