Baked Alaska Loaf
|Baked pound cake||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Whole)|
|Chocolate ice cream||1 Pint|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Slice pound cake lengthwise in three layers. Slice pint of ice cream lengthwise into 4 slices. Place one cake layer on aluminum foil. Alternate ice cream slices and remaining cake layer, ending with cake.
2. Wrap and freeze for several hours.
3. To bake, preheat convection oven to 450°F.
4. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until stiff, not dry, peaks form.
5. Place frozen loaf on an oven-proof platter or round metal tray. Spread meringue on all surfaces. (Be sure to seal edges next to platter.)
6. Place platter on bottom metal rack. Cook in convection oven 2 1/2 to 3 minutes at 450°F, or until peaks are golden brown.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1803 Calories from Fat 702
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.9%
Saturated Fat 19.9 g99.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 391.7 mg130.6%
Sodium 1202.7 mg50.1%
Total Carbohydrates 253 g84.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29%
Sugars 171.7 g
Protein 36 g72.6%
Vitamin A 30.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 62.2% Iron 58.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet