Orange Glazed Pumpkin Loaf
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pure canned pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the glaze|
|Icing sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
3. In a bowl, add and combine whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Mix well and set aside.
4. In another bowl, cream the butter with sugar using an electric mixer.
5. Add vanilla extract and beat the eggs one at a time.
6. Add the pumpkin puree and beat until well combined.
7. Slowly stir in the water and flour mixture beating the batter alternatively until well combined.
8. Fold in the raisins until just combined.
9. Take the greased loaf pan and pour the batter evenly into it and smooth out the top. Bake this in the preheated oven at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Once done remove the loaf pan and set it aside for 10 minutes to cool.
10. For the glaze: In a bowl, add and combine the icing sugar with orange juice and whisk well until the sugar dissolves.
11. After 10 minutes, poke holes on the top of the loaf and slowly pour the glaze over the loaf.
12. Serve this pumpkin loaf with tea or coffee.
Calories 326 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.7%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73 mg24.3%
Sodium 279.4 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 32.3 g
Protein 6 g11.8%
Vitamin A 99.7% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet