Chocolate Carrot Loaf
|Plain flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated carrot||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Castor sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Condensed milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Honey/Golden syrup||2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||2 Tablespoon|
1. Grease a 3 ½ inch loaf pan with melted butter and dust lightly with flour. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 180 degree C or 360 degree F.
3. In a deep bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, grated carrot, sugar, butter, condensed milk, baking soda, baking powder, honey, salt, vanilla, walnuts, and raisins. Fold gently into a smooth batter making sure that no lumps remain.
4. Pour the batter into a greased and dusted loaf tin and pat lightly so that the batter spreads evenly.
5. Bake for 40 minutes. Cool it, loosen the edges using a knife and demould it by inverting the tin over a rack and tap gently to unmould the loaf.
6. Cut into slices and serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
Calories 280 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.5 mg11.8%
Sodium 120.4 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 0.98%
Calcium 8% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet