Pan Fried Liver And Bacon
|Liver slices||6 Medium, thin|
|Back bacon rashers||4 Medium, smoked|
|Sage leaves||8 Medium|
|Champ potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs) (use in 2 portions)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (to shallow fry)|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
1. Have the liver cut by your butcher nicely into nice large and thin slices.
2. Place the flour into a shallow dish and season with salt and freshly milled pepper.
3. Wash and thoroughly dry the sage leaves.
4. Pour the milk into a small shallow plate.
5. Remove any rind from the bacon rashers.
6. Make the champ potatoes and keep warm.
7. Pre-heat the grill to hot.
8. Lay your rashers of bacon onto a baking tray.
9. Pour a little oil into a heavy-based frying pan and heat over a high heat.
10. Pass the slices of liver through the seasoned flour, shaking off any excess and carefully lower into the hot pan.
11. Always lower it away from you to avoid any splashes of hot oil.
12. Put the bacon under the hot grill and grill it to how you like your bacon cooked.
13. After about 2 minutes in the pan, turn the liver over and cook for a further 1 minute.
14. The time taken will depend on the thickness of the liver, but we don’t want it to be overcooked.
15. When cooked, remove the liver from the pan and keep warm.
16. Place your small frying pan on the hob over a high heat and add the butter.
17. Allow the butter to continue to cook until it turns dark brown in color and remove from the heat.
18. Spoon some of the champ potatoes into a piping bag fitted with a large plain tube and neatly pipe a few lines of potato across your warmed plates.
19. Carefully place on a slice of liver, followed by a rasher of bacon, then a slice of liver, then bacon and top with a slice of liver.
To make the sage garnish :
20. Heat a little oil in a small frying pan.
21. Pass the sage leaves through the milk, into the seasoned flour and into the pan.
22. Fry for a few moments until golden and crispy.
23. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper saving some for garnish.
24. Keep the seasoned flour for the liver.
25. Spoon over the darkened butter over the liver and bacon, garnish with the sage leaves and serve immediately.