Calf's Liver Brochettes
|Calf liver||1 Pound|
|Hot butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bacon||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind grated|
1. Cut the liver into ½ inch slices and further cut them into 1-inch squares.
2. Cut the bacon into squares.
3. Prepare the barbecue grill by lighting the coals.
4. Take a saucepan and heat the butter until it gets lightly browned.
5. Dunk the liver pieces into the hot butter to stiffen the meat.
6. Take a skewer and thread liver and bacon squares on it in alternating way. Leave some space between the two squares.
7. Take another bowl and blend the fine bread crumbs with thyme and lemon rind.
8. Roll the brochette over the bread crumbs.
9. Pull out the dampers in the kettle and cover of the barbecue.
10. Spread out brochettes in one layer on the cooking grill and barbecue for about 4-5 minutes.
11. Serve the barbecued calf liver brochettes hot with a suitable dipping sauce.
Calories 323 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.6%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g42.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 413.7 mg137.9%
Sodium 275.6 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.67 g2.7%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 27 g54.1%
Vitamin A 883.4% Vitamin C 10.1%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 42.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet