Pan Fried Liver
|Beef liver/Lamb / calf's liver||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Unsifted all purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine / bacon drippings||2 Tablespoon|
1) Take scissors and remove any large tube-like membranes from the liver. Carefully pull off the skin without tearing the meat. Cut meat into serving size portions.
2) Take wax paper and mix salt, pepper and flour on it. Coat the meat slice with it on all sides.
3) Take a frying pan and heat fat in it over medium heat.
4) When fat turns bubbly, add liver and brown on the bottom. Flip when you begin seeing moisture on top. Cover pan and reduce heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, ensuring not to over-cook as that would harden liver.
5) Serve liver with sauce, if desired.