Pan Fried Liver
|Beef liver/Lamb / calf's liver||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Unsifted all purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine / bacon drippings||2 Tablespoon|
1) Take scissors and remove any large tube-like membranes from the liver. Carefully pull off the skin without tearing the meat. Cut meat into serving size portions.
2) Take wax paper and mix salt, pepper and flour on it. Coat the meat slice with it on all sides.
3) Take a frying pan and heat fat in it over medium heat.
4) When fat turns bubbly, add liver and brown on the bottom. Flip when you begin seeing moisture on top. Cover pan and reduce heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, ensuring not to over-cook as that would harden liver.
5) Serve liver with sauce, if desired.
Calories 157 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.5%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 218.7 mg72.9%
Sodium 377.6 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.15 g0.59%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 16 g32%
Vitamin A 258% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet