Savory Liver Skillet
|Liver||1 Pound, thinly sliced, cut in strips|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Medium, sliced|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Thin lemon slices||2 , cut in quarters|
1) Sprinkle the livers with flour, until thoroughly coated.
2) In a skillet, saute the livers, green pepper and onion in shortening, until the liver is browned.
3) Stir in the tomato soup, water, and lemon.
4) Cover and cook over a low heat for 30 minutes, or until liver is tender, stirring occasionally.
5) Serve the Savory Liver, immediately on a serving platter.