Country Style Liver Pate
|Pork liver||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Canadian bacon||1 Pound|
|Lard||1⁄2 Pound (1 Cup)|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Chop the liver.
3) Dice bacon.
4) Put liver and bacon through a fine grinder or chop finely in' a food processor.
5) In a saucepan, melt the and gradually beat into ground liver and bacon in bowl.
6) Beat egg and add with flour, seasoning and allspice.
7) Mix well.
8) Line greased ovenproof dish with caul fat, if using, leaving edges hanging over sides.
9) Add liver mixture and smooth top.
10) Wrap caul edges over.
11) Cover dish with lid or foil and place in a roasting pan containing 1 inch water.
12) Bake for 1 3/4 hours.
13) Allow to cool, then leave in the refrigerator for 2-3 days to mature.
14) Serve liver pate with crusty bread.