Sauteed Chicken Livers 'N' Mushrooms
|Chicken livers||6 Ounce|
|Enriched all purpose flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Mushrooms||1 , sliced|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated skimmed milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Enriched white bread slice||1 , toasted and cut into 4 triangles|
1) With the help of paper towels, dry chicken livers and drizzle with flour.
2) Take a 9-inch skillet,in it heat margarine until hot and bubbly.
3) Now add the livers and fry quickly by turning for about 2 to 3 minutes, until browned on outer side but still pink inside.
4) Into a bowl,return the livers and put aside.
5) In same skillet,fry briefly the scallion by turning until soft and translucent.
6) Now add the mushrooms, thyme, and dash each of salt and pepper and fry quickly for 2 minutes.
7) Add broth and sherry and allow the mixture to boil.
8) Add milk and cook further for a minute.
9) Into the skillet, add the livers and cook, over low heat, until livers are cooked through.
10) Add required salt and pepper.
11) Scatter on top with parsley before serving and serve with toast triangles.
Calories 89 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.8%
Saturated Fat 0.85 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 148.3 mg49.4%
Sodium 223.2 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.52 g2.1%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 103.9% Vitamin C 21.7%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet