Piquant Calf Liver
|Plain unflavored yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon style mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Calf liver||12 Ounce, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips|
|Enriched all purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) In small bowl ,mix together yogurt, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce and put aside.
2) In 9-inch skillet ,heat margarine until hot and bubbly.
3) Now add onion and fry briefly by turning frequently until tender and translucent.
4) Add liver and sprinkle with flour.
5) Add thyme and pepper and fry swiftly over moderate-high heat, till the liver strips are browned on the outer side, but still in their original colour towards the inner side for about 5 minutes.
6) Lower heat to low and mix in yogurt mixture.
7) Further heat but do not boil.
8) Add required salt and serve hot.
Calories 171 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.3%
Saturated Fat 0.96 g4.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 285.7 mg95.2%
Sodium 127.3 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.43 g1.7%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 19 g39%
Vitamin A 659.5% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 4% Iron 31.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet