Liver and Vegetables
|Sliced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant beef broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Beef liver||5 Ounce, cut into strips|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Taco seasoning mix||1 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a 1-quart saucepan, mix the carrots, celery, water and broth mix, then cook until the vegetables are just tender, keep aside.
2) In a 10-inch non-stick skillet, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, saute the liver and Worcestershire sauce, stir constantly and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until the liver is no longer red.
3) Stir in the vegetables and cooking liquid alongwith rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
4) Simmer on a low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are well blended.
5) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.