Country Liver Loaf
|Beef liver/Lamb liver||7 Pound, sliced|
|Canned ham||12 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Ham||12 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (From 2 Slices)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Steak sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Apple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apple jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven at 350Â°.
2. Trim off all the veiny parts and skin from the liver.
3. In a medium frying pan, simmer the liver in salted. Add boiling water to cover the liver. Drain.
4. In a large bowl, add liver, ham and coarsely chopped onion, bread crumbs, egg, milk, steak sauce and thyme.
5. Take a greased loaf pan, 9x5x3 and firmly place the entire mixture in it.
6. Place in the oven for 45 minutes or until browned from the top part.
7. Get ready a heated serving platter.
8. In a small saucepan, heat jelly with lemon juice. Keep stirring constantly. Add on the top of hot loaf.
9. Serve hot.
Calories 433 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.5%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.5%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 674 mg224.7%
Sodium 505.7 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 0.81 g3.2%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 57 g113.9%
Vitamin A 767.3% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 64.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet