Kettle Liver And Onions
|Bacon slices||6 , cut in 1-inch pieces|
|Bacon slices||6 , cut into 1 inch pieces|
|White onions||18 Small, peeled|
|Lamb liver||1 Pound, sliced|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound, stewed (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Frozen green peas and celery||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. Take a kettle or Dutch oven and sautÃ© bacon. Remove from the heat and keep aside for future usage.
2. Pour off all drippings, then measure 3 tablespoonfuls and return to kettle.
3. Add onions and sautÃ© until the ingredient turn golden.
4. Use a slotted spoon to lift out.
5. Slice the liver into 1-inch-wide strips.
6. In a paper bad, add flour, salt and pepper with the silver. Shake well.
7. In the same kettle and brown the silver. Add more bacon drippings.
8. Add in tomatoes, water and onions. Bring it to boil. Cover the pan.
9. Simmer for 1 hour or until liver. Onions are soft.
10. In the meantime, cook peas and celery.
11. Take a serving bowl, add liver mixture, peas and celery in a ring on the top.
12. Garnish with bacon and serve hot.